Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day!

I hope all of you leap day babies out their enjoyed your single digit birthdays, and that the rest of you took advantage of some of the many hotel/food/clothing deals out there!! As for me, I enjoyed my last Febru-any sub :( $5 dollars for a meal that lasts both lunch and dinner? yes mam.  (Although Jon has informed me that the turkey sub is always $5 dollars, but it just won't be the same.)

To send February out properly we attended the Virginia Wine Expo this past weekend with a group of friends. It was fabulous! 70+ wineries doing tastings, wine goods for purchase, delicious food, great friends...I was one happy girl. Not to mention, Ryan and Gina made the trek up from Virginia Beach to join us! 

1/2 of the out of town visitors :)


The Group minus Elyse and Nelson

We decided to attend the Expo on Friday in order to beat the crowds, and I sure am glad we did! There was still a large number of people there but we never had to wait more than 5 minutes to taste a specific winery. They also had just about every kind of wine you could imagine. From red to white, sweet to dry, warm to frozen...the Expo had it all! 

wine lovers

Such a wonderful night!

I hope we keep up the good momentum in March, and that more weekends are filled with good wine, good friends, and some good ole fashion college headaches in the morning. :) Happy March!

No comments:

Post a Comment