Thursday, February 16, 2012

Can You Feel the Love Tonight?!

Last night, Jon and I had a date with Raffiki at the opening night of The Lion King. I was so estactic about this date!! Like in the singing Hakuna Matata and Circle of Life all day kind of way. Out loud. To people. And it is my fourth time seeing it. (Hi my name is Jessica and I am an addict).

Wednesday Night Date <3

I will admit that I have always found the acoustics at the Landmark to be sub-par. It is a bit disappointing to know the capability of these performers and not hear it as perfectly as you would in other locations, but the show must go on.

And go on it did. It was incredible!!  The Lion King is visually amazing, heartwarming, and full of talent. Not to mention, the songs are perfect in every way. I truly get chills just thinking about the opening act. I now have new aspirations to be a giraffe or elephant in the show, because goodness knows I can't sing. 

Oh and to become best friends with Raffiki. Seriously. She's beyond fantastic.

From Broadway.com

When the show ended I asked Jon to stop and wait for me to buy a CD. Luckily, he so nicely agreed. I am so happy I made the purchase! You can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be listening to that bad boy while driving/showering/hula-hooping/sleeping/etc.  AND it came with a free behind the scenes DVD!!! I'm. in. heaven.

My New CD/DVD!

 In all seriousness, if you live in Richmond, you must take advantage of this incredible opportunity. Of all of the shows I have seen, The Lion King is by far my favorite musical. I am positive you will not be disappointed.

Tickets are still on sale here. The show will be here until March 11.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love the lion king!! I went with my boyfriend a few weeks ago and it was his first time seeing it!! hakuna matata!

    ReplyDelete