Friday, February 24, 2012

Burch vs. Burch and 100th Post!

Two in one day? And my 100th blog post? And Wine Expo Tonight? Woohoo!

I am back so soon because I wanted to share an article I just read with y'all. I was a bit slow to jump on the Tory Burch train, but now I am in love with her flats, handbags, clothing, etc. So in love, that I even made sure to stop by her Madison Ave. shop while we were in NYC.

In front of the Tory Burch Door (Mom loves to Zoom.)

This morning I read a very interesting article about Tory and her ex-husband, and I wanted to share. Tory's ex, Christopher Burch, has recently started a brand called C. Wonder, which looks strikingly similar to Tory Burch in every aspect. The difference? C.Wonder sells at a lower price point than Tory Burch.


C. Wonder Left. Tory Burch on right. (Image from New York Magazine.)

Tory Burch Store

C. Wonder Doors and Entrance (Image from Design Library)

Love it? Hate it? The tale behind these former lovers, their rise to fame, divorce, and new competition, is highlighted in the New York Magazine article (found here).

Some will see this as the magazine described:

"To Tory Burch, he might as well have erected a giant lacquered middle finger in the front window, directly facing the orange-lacquered doors of her eponymous store a few blocks away."

Others, in an era of continued success by stores like H&M and Forever 21, will see this as a great way to get fashion for less. 

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment