Wednesday, February 15, 2012

We're All Fired Up!

Well, I did the impossible. After six months of begging and pleading, I finally convinced Jon to take me on a date to the pottery place in Carytown. Oh yes! My sports loving, beer drinking, boyfriend was finally going to paint pottery with me. Not only that, we got Mike and Amanda to come along too! It was such a successful Saturday!


All Fired Up in Carytown (Image VIA)

When we arrived, we each picked out blank canvases and let our inner artist shine (especially Jon!). And by that I mean we annoyed the heck out of the staff there, but it was worth it! Amanda and I got to have some good ole girly fun while the guys were convinced they were racking up some serious good boyfriend points. Win-win for all.

After an hour of pure creativity, Jon and Mike started to get antsy so we painted our final touches, signed our names, and handed over our works of art. It takes a week for them to glaze and fire so we had to wait until this Saturday to go back and pick up our masterpieces!

Here they are!


Mike's Bowl and Amanda's Wine Glass
 
Jon's Plate

Inside of my bowl
Outside of my bowl

The VMFA will probably be calling us soon to display them. Don't worry, I'll make sure all blog readers get in free!


PS. Opening night of the Lion King tonight!!!!! I am so excited!!! Anyone else going while it is in Richmond??

No comments:

Post a Comment