Friday, February 4, 2011

Hokie Pokie

So...I know, I am slacking. BUT I had such a wonderful weekend last weekend that I was busy telling everyone about it and running out of time to blog before my real-person bedtime. Obviously I want to tell all of you about it as well, so here it goes:

This past weekend a large group of us packed our bags and headed to Blacksburg for Reavis' birthday. It was my first time back since we graduated and I, for one, do not think the (much needed) reunion could have been any better. I think the pictures do a much better job of explaining the weekend than I do, but I do have to say weekends like this remind you why you love college.



Even though I have proven my body can no longer handle the "game-day" mentality, I did remember why I love my friends so much. :) We not only managed to get the Sharkey's jukebox shut down because of our inappropriate song selection before 5PM, but also spent the whole weekend laughing, playing numerous games, and celebrating everything we possibly could: Reavis' birthday, Ryan and Gina's engagement, Brandy getting into Grad School, etc.


The weekend, of course, went by far too quickly. It seems that just as soon as I got there, I was packing my bags to leave. I made a stop to see Mollie before leaving Blacksburg, and then headed to Roanoke College to meet my sister for a quick tour and early dinner.


While there are a wide-array of nice restaurants in Roanoke, Katie already knew where we were going to end up. We had to go to my favorite fast food place. Anyone who has taken a trip down South with me already knows what this is because they have had to stop there also (even if it is 10 miles out of the way...), but for those of you who don't -  let me introduce you to Zaxbys!




Zaxby's is quite the treat  for me because, prior to a new Williamsburg location,  the only two in Virginia were in Roanoke and Salem. Even though almost everyone makes fun of me for getting a "Grilled Chicken Zalad (salad)" at a restaurant specializing in fried chicken and french fries, I am pretty sure I am always going to loveeee this place.

 All in all I have to say this was absolutely one of the best weekends in a while, so Happy (now-late) Birthday Reavis!!! And to all my friends who made the trip, I hope we get to do that a million more times. Love you all  <3


No comments:

Post a Comment