Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Tale of Two Cities...And Seven Birthdays

For someone who doesn't enjoy driving, I am certainly doing a lot of it this weekend. Tomorrow I will begin my journey by heading to Northern Virginia to get a taste of the higher cost of living and traffic I decided to forgo by moving to Richmond. Don't get me wrong I have always loved DC, but I think I continue love it so much because I do not live there.

My mom spent her twenties living the ideal city life in Northern Virginia, while consistently accomplishing every career goal she had along the way. "No grass, no kids" was her mindset until (of course) she met my dad. Once he wooed her, she packed her bags and headed to Hampton, Virginia for grass AND kids. This weekend I'd like to think I am reliving the trip that took her a couple years to make, all in two days. :)

After a quick overnight stay in nova I will head back down to Newport News in order to celebrate Mrs. Christie (Concetta's Mom)'s birthday. Concetta is coming in town for the occasion and I am looking forward to our much needed girls night out. I have no doubt that the night will be filled with ridiculous stories and tons of laughter...probably at one of our expenses.

With the impending celebration in mind, I have noticed that there are a large abundance of birthdays in February: Aunt Marsha, Dad, Megan, Christie, David, Emily, Rachel...so many reason's to celebrate!

I love birthdays.  LOVE them. After all, your birthday is one day you can forget about every stressful detail of life and (hopefully) completely enjoy the day. BUT, since I will probably not get to write a post on every single one of their birthdays I would like to take this time to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to them all. Each one of you, in your own way, has made my life ten times better and I am so very lucky because of that!




And, since today is actually Christie and David's birthday...a very special shout-out to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment