Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Friday!

I admit I had a little trouble getting motivation this morning. After all, who likes going to a work on a Friday? I certainly don't, and I am pretty sure even Bill Gates feels the same way.  After rolling out of bed, hoping in the shower, and getting ready, I finally convinced myself it was time to go. Begrudgingly, I headed out the door.

When I finally reached my car, I was shocked to find a paper bag on my windshield. The bag read: "To: Jessica Happy Friday! <3 God" and inside was a circe (*a word my family has always used for a random/"just thinking about you" gift) from Elyse! It was such a nice surprise and it made the fast approaching Friday workday just a little bit easier to stomach.




Before I got a visit from God this morning, I got an incredibly exciting phone call around 10:30 last night.

At first I was a little worried when I saw Emily calling because I had already talked to her a couple hours before. After a quick "HI!", those four telltale words came out of her mouth: "I have some news!". I am pretty sure the only words I said from that point on were "oh my God, ohmygod! OH-MY-GOD! and of course, CONGRATULATIONS!" She and David are engaged!!!!!!!

I cannot express in words how happy I am for them. As I have said many times, in many posts, I have been blessed with some of the most incredible friends in the world and David and Emily are certainly among the finest examples of that (even if David did start the Messy Jessie trend). :) There is no doubt in my mind that they will spend the rest of their lives making each other the two happiest people in the world (unless Emily wants more cats...haha). Seriously though, they are absolutely perfect and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for them. <3

So while it is now a happy Friday for me, I know it is an even happier one for the newly engaged couple. Congratulations!!!

2 comments:

  1. ahh jess i could totally tell by emily's tone of voice on the phone last night too! she goes "hi, so uhh" and i just screamed "you're engaged arent you?!" she had no idea how i knew but you could totally tell by her nervous but very excited excited voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! She really perfected that nervous but extremely excited tone!! Looks like we have some more parties to plan!! :)

    ReplyDelete