Thursday, February 24, 2011

"My Best Friend, Concetta"


For the entire month leading up to last weekend I had told Jon countless stories about "my best friend, Concetta." In fact I have done it so many times that now every time I mention Concetta, Jon always immediately (and sarcastically) says "Concetta? Your best friend?"

My best!

Though they had each heard 1000 stories about each other, they had never met - until last weekend! For the important introduction, Will, Concetta, Jon and I headed to Duck, NC. 

The weather must have known we were heading to the beach because, for February, it could not have been more perfect! Jon and I headed down late Friday night, after a stop in Hampton to meet the Pimp (*if you have ever been to the corner of LaSalle and Kecoughtan you know exactly who I am talking about) and have a delicious dinner with Mom and Dad. When we arrived in Duck we toured our new home  (appropriately named "Inn Like Flynn") and, after about an hour of me fighting to keep my eyes open, decided to call it an early night. 

Inn Like Flynn

Saturday morning we woke up around 8:30AM, eager to begin our fun filled day with Will and Cetta. We had planned on bowling, climbing (and jumping off!) the Dunes, and - as previously mentioned - playing an very competitive round of Minute to Win It. It may seem like a lot for one day but we were able to check every activity off our list, with a few added bonuses along the way:
  • Our very mature Bowling Names: Ca-Ca Head (Me), Lil Jon Ok Yeah (Jon), Lucky Lefty (Will), and Sweata (Cetta)
  • The terribly embarrassing/hilarious moment where I actually threw the bowling ball BACKWARDS (yes, towards the people not the pins) which almost hit Will in the head because I was laughing so hard
  • Getting the high score in Photo Hunt while waiting on lunch! Total success.
  • Visiting the Wilson's old beach house in Nags Head
  • Jon running, jumping off the Dunes, and rolling halfway down instead of landing (picture it...hilarious)
  • A delicious dinner at Blue Point with my Godmother and her husband
  • And- as expected- a night full of laughter at Inn Like Flynn...which included a "man cave" (pool, darts, and cassette tapes) for the guys while Cetta and I gossiped 

Cetta and I after jumping off the Dunes



Cetta and Weem


I would also love to be able to write a paragraph here about how Concetta and I schooled the guys at Minute to Win It but....since it was Jon's first time with the group and Will had an injured shoulder...we tried to go easy on them. Good girlfriends let their boyfriends win....right??? 



After our action packed Saturday, we were ready for a lazy Sunday. This of course meant we did not get out of our pajamas until 2pm and were guaranteed to look about as good as when Britney lost it and shaved her head. Regardless, we all Concetta and I, had the perfect Sunday morning/afternoon!  Chicken BBQ and Father of the Bride (Part I and II!)? What more could two girls want? As Concetta and I sat in utopia on the couch, Jon packed the car and prepared for our journey back to Richmond. We then reluctantly said our goodbyes (which included Concetta running and jumping on Jon) and headed down the road.

I was sad the weekend was over and my best friend was no longer in sight so, to cheer me up, Jon treated me to the romantic experience of visiting The Border Station on the way home. I know, I am a lucky girl. He was positive this was a must-see and I was cautiously optimistic about what was in store. For those of you who are unfamiliar The Border Station, it is the only gas station I have ever visited where you can buy fireworks, college flags, cigars, raw meat, snacks, collectibles, $3 t-shirts, and about 100 other random gifts - all at once. It was the perfect Price is Right pricing game waiting to happen. One 1/2 diet coke, 1/2 root beer and a "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" trivia book later, we were on our way home from an incredible weekend.

Now, after only one weekend together, I am pretty confident Jon will be the one saying "my best friend, Concetta."

No comments:

Post a Comment