Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Hunger Games!

Friday was a tough day at work, so imagine my surprise when I went out to my car and saw a note in the door handle. It was from Jon, and inside the note I found Zac Brown Band concert tickets for Sunday night. I LOVE Zac Brown Band. I had mentioned that I was dying to go to this concert to Jon but, with everything else going on, I was sure he had forgotten. What a tricky boyfriend!

BUT before we got put our dancing shoes on and headed to the concert, we had a very exciting (in my nerdy, girly mind) Saturday waiting for us!

That afternoon we headed to Stony Point and had a very happy Hunger Games at Cinebistro! I seriously love that place. Where else can you reserve your seats in advance, have wine while you watch, and sit in extremely comfortable, spacious chairs?

The Cinebistro Theatre. Image via Richmond Times Dispatch.

The Hunger Games' movie was very good but, as book to movie adaptions always seem to be, not as good as the book. The pieces left out or skipped over were mostly small, but I wish they had been there. However, I was still just as in love with it as I hoped to be and I cannot wait for the next one. As for Jon, he "didn't hate it", which I saw as a great success. Now I have a whole year and a half to turn that "didn't hate" to love before the next movie comes out. A girl has got to have goals right?


After our Hunger Games date we met Amanda and Mike at The Continental for dinner. The Continental is a new restaurant, on Grove Avenue, that opened where the old Phil's used to be. Jon and I had been there for drinks, but we had not had the opportunity to eat there until Saturday night.

The Continental via Richmond.com

After trying the food, I was able to confirm that I absolutely love this place! It does get very, very crowded - especially because it is new - so if you are looking to eat without a wait try going during slower hours or on a week night. However, if you want to tackle the more lively crowd, just show up, put your name on the list, and grab a drink at the bar until your name is called. They have a wonderful selection of beers, wines, and cocktails! And their comfort style food is delicious!

All in all it was one of the best Saturdays. I can't wait to share the concert with yall, as well some other things going on around here! But both of those will have to wait for another day :) I hope you all are having a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment