Friday, January 6, 2012

Great Gift Ideas (Under $100)

Happy New Year!!!

Ok, I know what you are thinking. Christmas is (so very sadly) gone and there are probably very few gift giving opportunities around the corner. However, I am someone who always scours the internet for special gift ideas, so I wanted to share some of my favorite finds from Christmas! There's always Valentines day and birthdays, right?

  1. Erin McDermott Jewelry
This Christmas I received three pieces from Erin McDermott's jewelry line. With those new pieces, I have only fallen even more in love with her work. Erin is an alumni of my high school and UVA graduate, who decided to pursue her passion in jewelry making. Not only is the quality of her work flawless, but each piece is truly a work of art. Just try wearing one of these pieces without receiving a compliment, so far I have found it nearly impossible.

My next must have: Venice Beach Earrings VIA

Which pieces did I receive? The Dylan Earrings, Pearl Version of the Lombard Street Necklace and matching pearl earrings.


Perfect for any City Girl on the go or College Student making their way home from a night out in sky-high heels, the Yosi Samra flats are the first stylish pair of foldable flats I have found. I picked up a gold pair for my sister for Christmas, and cannot wait to buy some for myself as well! They come in just about every color, fabric, and style imaginable, and fit right into your purse. Goodbye blisters, hello yosi!

One of the many styles Yosi offers. VIA

3. Echo Touch Gloves

Ever been walking in the freezing cold, received a text or phone call, and dreaded taking off your gloves to answer it? Well, Echo has come up with a fashionable solution! These gloves, made for both men and women, allow you to use your touch screen phone while wearing them. I was a little sceptical at first but, after buying two pairs as Christmas gifts, I was blown away at how well they work! If only I had known about these as I was trekking across the drillfield in Blacksburg.

A few of the styles they offer. Via

4. Magazine Subscriptions

I find magazine subscriptions to be one of the most affordable gifts available these days. Between groupon, living social, and offers directly from the company, you can often find a year subscription for only $5-$15. Just find out what magazine your guy or girl has been reading during those long waits at the airport or doctor's office, and have it delivered right to their door! Want to give them something to open? Just buy one copy and wrap it up! You can attach a card explaining the subscription or simply tell them when they have unwrapped their gift. Who doesn't love a gift that keeps on giving?

As for me, I finally got that subscription of Garden & Gun I've been wanting! I cannot wait to receive the first copy and dive into all of that southern goodness.

5. Crafts from Etsy

Guys, listen up. I cannot begin to explain to you how many wonderful things you can find on etsy for affordable prices. Virginia Tech Prints, jewelry, painted wine glasses, you name it - they've got it.

I have mentioned some of my favorites before, including BlackburgArt, but while I was browsing I stumbled upon a new print they had: the Sig Ep house! I know a number of people who would love to have this hanging in their house but, if that is not your thing, they offer many other Blacksburg landmarks. Tots, Sharkeys, Lane Stadium? Got it. I have four of them hanging in my bedroom and love reminiscing on the times spent in my favorite town.


VIA
  Did you all find any great gifts under $100? Feel free to share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment