Monday, January 16, 2012

J Crew Warehouse Sale

After hearing about these sales for months, seeing pictures of all of the beautiful clothes available and learning the incredible deals that can be found, I knew it was time to visit my first J Crew warehouse sale.

About ten seconds into the madness sale I realized that Concetta is the true pro at these events, me? not so much. Really, I sucked. So much so that I left empty handed from my first visit, declared I needed a glass of wine, and was sure it was worth paying full price just to avoid the chaos. 


Scene from the Sale


Little did I know, three hours of thinking about all of those clothes at stellar prices would lead me right back to where I started: walking back into the temporary warehouse. Since I knew what to expect the second time around, I was ready to fight the fashion war and become a master bargain shopper. And man did I shop! 

In the past week I have visited the sale three times, and am now a full J Crew warehouse believer. Sure, you have to want to dig through multiple unorganized boxes, fend off other women for the best pieces, and stand in a few lines. Come to think of it, it is strangely similar to that jungle scene out of Mean Girls. But, it is certainly worth it. 

Don't believe me? Just check out some my finds:


And that is not even all of it! Over these three visits (including the one where I left empty handed) I have come out of the warehouse with:
  • 4 dresses
  • 4 Shirts
  • 8 pairs of pants
  • 1 men's sweater
  • 1 pajama top
  • 1 piece of jewelry
  • 1 pair of shoes 
Now guess how much those 20 items were. 




Really, take a guess.....




Those 20 items were $309!!!!!! 20 things!! 309 dollars

Now if that doesn't make you a believer, I don't know what does. The sale will be in Richmond until the 22nd, and I am hoping to make a least one more trip before this savvy shopper's heaven disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment