Monday, January 9, 2012

Hey Good Lookin'

Y'all, I had something cookin'!

Last night I reconnected with one of my loves, Pinterest, and found a delicious looking recipe for Stuffed Shells. Still obviously in a very lazy Sunday daze, I decided that I was going to attempt this mouth watering recipe for dinner!

Being the nice girlfriend that I am, I also decided to include Jon and his roommates on my maiden stuffed shells voyage. The conversation went a little something like this:

Me: "Jon! I am going to make stuffed shells tonight for you and your roommates!"
Jon: "Ok"
Me: "Really! I am going to!"

After a quick trip to the grocery store, I appeared at their house with all my supplies. Jon comes downstairs to check it all out:

Jon: "Jess, did you know the shells you got aren't stuffed?"
Me: "I know! I am making them from scratch!!"
(Silence)
Jon and his roommate, Casey in unison: "We can order pizza if you want"

Determined to become a culinary stuffed shells hero, I continued on with my prep and cooking. An hour and a half later we had this:


My Homemade Stuffed Shells!!

And man, It. was. delicious. Let's just say the boys went back for seconds, and maybe even thirds. Who knows, maybe I am budding Paula Deen after all? Minus the butter and plus the love of microwaves....

The wonderful recipe can be found here. I left out the turkey and made the sauce a tomato and mushroom mix. That's right, I even figured out how to slightly change the recipe and still successfully cook. Food Network Executives, are you reading this? I'm available!

No comments:

Post a Comment