Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Years in Nashville, Day 1

To ring in 2012, Jon and I boarded a plane to Nashville, TN. We were so excited to arrive to gorgeous weather, many beautiful sites and, of course, Concetta and Will.

Luckily we left Norfolk before sunrise on Friday morning, and arrived in Nashville in time for lunch. We immediatly (I, of course, was starving) headed to Bread & Company to start off our NYE weekend. Concetta had eaten here once and knew I would like it.  In her words, "It's such a Ca place!" Man was she right! One very full stomach later we were off to tour.

Note to self: When in big cities with Concetta, do not mention, suggest, or say the name of anyone famous and/or any neighborhoods you have heard of that are nice. Holy house tour. I think I saw every house.... twice. But yes Concetta, I did love every second of it. Even the ones you were yelling at me for looking at my phone. :)

Two hundred A few houses later we were off to check out Green Hills, do a little shopping, and rest before dinner at the delicious, quaint Cafe Nonna.

After Cafe Nonna, we drove downtown to experience the more touristy side of Nashville. As we got out of the car and got our first glimpse of downtown Nashville, I thought Will had mistakenly taken us to Las Vegas. Lights, lights, and more lights. Followed by bars, bars, and more bars.

Jon and I with downtown Nashville mildly visible in the background

After wandering down the street and listening to a variety of music from the sidewalk, we decided to visit two of these places hidden behind their neon glowing signs: The Stage and The Big Bang Piano Bar. We danced and sang the night away until our no-longer-in-college bed times. As we headed back to Will's house I was positive this trip to Nashville was going to be a good one!

Chet and I at The Stage

No comments:

Post a Comment