Monday, August 29, 2011

Irene

Just wanted to say I hope everyone is fairing well post-storm. As for all of the family and friends who have been so supportive during this time, thank you! I love you all and appreciate all the inquiries.

Mom and Dad boarded up the house and headed for Roanoke with Katie, while Lexy enjoyed a weekend with her big sis (me!) in Richmond. Luckily, the water from the bay did not reach the house and everything seems to be better than expected. From what I have heard, Nama and Papa's house was also spared from any major damage and clean up seems to be going smoothly. We are all so blessed to have not received any bad news, and especially to have so many wonderful people checking in on us. Thank you so, so much!

I hope the same goes for all of you throughout the Eastern Seaboard! As for me, I am headed to Roanoke this afternoon for a big meeting in the morning. Not only does this mean I get to have dinner with Katie, but I get to sleepover at Roanoke College for the first time! I cannot wait to see her newly decorated place and spend a relaxing night with her after all of the excitement from the natural disasters. And yes, this probably does mean Disney movies and Zaxbys.....

What can I say, we are still children at heart. :)

1 comment: