Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday Top Three

Since this blog is normally all over the place, I have decided to try and start one consistent weekly post. Some bloggers do a Supper Sunday where they plan out their dinners for the week but, lets face it, no one wants to read which Smartones or Kroger sushi I think I may choose. Instead, I have decided to make a list of the top 3 things I am loving each week. So, without further ado, the first ever Thursday Top 3:

1. "Seriously...I'm Kidding" by Ellen Degeneres

I picked up this book on a whim at LAX, and could not be happier I did. Instead a crying baby, people on our flight were forced to tolerate random laughter from a 23 year old. Seriously, I was laughing out loud 75% of the plane ride home. It is the perfect pick me up, or relaxing Sunday read for  anyone who is in the market for a new book. And if you are still on the fence, just read the back cover and tell me that does not convince you.

(Image from Oprah.com)
 2. Cucumber and Watermelon Juice

Our first night in LA Jon and I headed to Katsuya for dinner. We arrived a little early, so we made a pit stop at the bar on the way to our table. I had heard wonderful things about their signature drinks, and decided to try the Cucumber Watermelon Mojitio. It was love at first sip. In fact, I was so in love with this concoction that I went to The Farmer's Market the very next day and immediately found a juice stand. At this stand you could combine any number of fruits and vegetables to make your own fresh juice and I once again jumped on the Cucumber and Watermelon train. Two days in VA and I am already having withdrawals.... I will definitely be on the market for a juicer sometime soon!

3. Garden and Gun Magazine

I will admit, when I saw this magazine laying on Concetta's coffee table by initial reaction was "what in the hell is this?!" Gardens....Guns...and Concetta, somehow it did not fit. But when I picked up the magazine and began to read I realized it was more of a mini travel guide to the south, complete with interesting articles and interviews from some of the most famous southern men and women of our time. As Concetta said, "if you like Real Simple, you will love this"! In my opinion, it is a must read if you live below the Mason - Dixon line.

No comments:

Post a Comment