Monday, October 3, 2011

The Big Return


The day finally came and I got to make my long awaited return to Lane Stadium. The last time I was there I was listening to speeches about how life as we know it was over just starting, and we were entering the world as that word we had dreaded worked towards for 4 years, alumni.

Graduation

Jon and I made a quick stop in Roanoke to visit/have dinner with my family, since it was family weekend for Katie. We walked around downtown Roanoke and had a wonderful dinner at Metro before reaching our final destination, Blacksburg. As soon as we arrived I threw on a little makeup and braved the line at Tots to meet up with Sarah and Reavis. Let me just say, with a line that long you would have thought Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez were still in town, buying everyone drinks, and offering various movie roles to the first 1000 people up those famous stairs. Geeze Louise was it bad. But of course, it was nothing a rail and a few Washington apples couldn't cure as soon as we made it through the crowds. We started our night with Tots, and ended it at DP Doughs...just like any first night back in Blacksburg should.


Sarah and I at Tots on Friday!
 Saturday morning, I slipped on my leggings and a vest, and prepared to visit some tailgates. Little did I know, in addition to drinks and good friends, Blacksburg had something else in mind: frostbite. I mean seriously, Friday it was 70 degrees and Saturday it is 40?! Oh Blacksburg, how I had forgotten your tricky ways. Over the course of the day I had bought: a hat, gloves, poncho, borrowed another jacket and could still hear my teeth chattering during the hopeful cries of my fellow Hokies.

Back at Harrell St!

Frozen

 
We left the game in the fourth quarter and Jon and I headed back to Tots to regain feeling in our bodies meet up with everyone and end the night on a positive note. While the loss was disappointing, the winning combination of our friends and bburg never seem to fail...so all is well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment