Thursday, October 13, 2011

Goodbye 22, Hello 23!

Well, as they say, "another one bites the dust." I have left the just out of college age, and turned the corner to practically ancient....

Ok, ok I am kidding....kinda...

Birthdays are always special to people, but I will admit mine sometimes have a habit of turning from a birthDAY to a birthWEEK. Heck, I freak out every time the clock says 10:13, so you can imagine how much I love when the actual day is right around the corner. This year was no different and the birthweek began when Concetta and Will made their way up to Richmond last weekend.


It was such a nice relief to have my best friend in town and spend time touring Richmond with our beaus. I even pulled the birthweek card with Jon and convinced him to finally take us to the Richmond Metro Zoo. The four of us + feeding Giraffes = my birthday heaven (no, 23 did not change the fact that I am still a nerd).


Cet and I with our new friend

Last night the celebration continued when Mom and Dad drove up from Hampton to treat me to a special birthday dinner at Stellas, followed by a date with Jon to see Wicked. Now before everyone says AWWW Jon took her to Wicked, I sort of tricked him into it and llearned a very valuable lesson along the way. Whenever you want to do something out of the ordinary/"girly" plan it during your birthweek! I was so happy my parents my parents made the trip up to celebrate with me, and absolutely loved the show!

Post Stellas <3

When the curtain fell at Landmark, we headed back to Jon's house where Micheal, Casey and Amanda were all up waiting to ring in my official birthday with me. When the clock struck 12:00AM everyone jumped up and yelled "Happy Birthday!!!". Not even 10 seconds later my phone was ringing and Concetta was on the other end. Concetta and I have a midnight birthday wish tradition, and even though I know she wanted to go to bed at 9:00PM, she always pulls through :) Once I got off the phone with her I talked to Katie and Shelby, and then resumed the celebrations with everyone!! What a perfect way to ring in 23.

Ever since I woke up this morning, I have been in awe at how many people have taken the time to call/text/write and I just want to let you all know how much I truely appreciate it. Mom and Dad, this day is just as much about you as it is about me (though I don't always show it!), so thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the best parents this girl could have wished for. You both never let Katie and me feel a shortage of love, and always suppport us no matter what crazy thing we have come up with. Oh and, since I would exsist without you two - thank you for that too! :) As for the rest of my family and friends, thank you thank you thank you. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I hit the jackpot. Y'all have made today so special already and I am so very lucky. And Jon, thanks for putting up with my crazy birthday ways, and being such a huge part of my "22" (and now 23)! Love you all!

Heres to another amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment