Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

In the blink of an eye Thanksgiving is over and the joyful sounds of Christmas are already playing on repeat in my car surrounding us. I must admit, I am thrilled this is the case, but that did not keep me from enjoying the wonderful Turkey Day this year.

This year my Thanksgiving consisted of a whole lot of driving. I started the morning in Gloucester with Jon's family, headed to Hampton to see my family, went Black Friday shopping with mom and Katie in Norfolk, back to Hampton, Up to Williamsburg to Christmas Town, back to Hampton, home to Richmond, down to Williamsburg to see some friends, and finally back to Richmond for good. Whew, I am tired just writing it. Every single part of it was wonderful though, and I am so thankful I got to spend it with so many loved ones.

This year I received a special Thanksgiving present from Papa, making me determined to find those Walhalla genes somewhere in me and learn how to fry things! I am 100 percent sure my shrimp will never be as good as his, but its worth a shot.


Watch out Fry Daddy, here i come!
I also got to spend the weekend waking up to this every morning:


Man I miss that.  

All in all Thanksgiving weekend was filled with spending lots of time with those I love, blasting Christmas music at 8AM the morning after T-day, Teaming up with Concetta to beat Jon and some others at Cranium, Papa's fried shrimp/some wonderful time with him and Nama, Multiple phone calls to Dad about the UVA/VT game (GO HOKIES!!!!!), visiting Reavis, Sarah, Emily and David in Williamsburg and did I mention some driving? All of which made the weekend a little more special.

This weekend will prove to be just as exciting as I head off to NYC with Concetta and our Moms. And nothing is better than Christmas time in THE city.

Oh, and stay tuned for another special event happening this week :) I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment