Monday, November 21, 2011

Los Angeles, Day 2

Friday quickly came and went so we were on to our Saturday plans! That morning we rolled out of bed and got ready to head over to The Grove/Farmer's Market. From the moment I saw the famed Farmer's Market on Entourage, I knew it was a definite must for our trip. I have never had such a hard time choosing lunch in my life!




After a little shopping at The Grove and a delicious lunch at the Farmer's Market we jetted off to Rodeo Drive. Holy Housewives of Beverly Hills, what a shopping mecca! About ten seconds into exploring Jon regretted his decision to get out of our cab. A few hundred "oh my god, one day!"'s and 45 minutes of browsing later, our credit cards were safely on their way back to the W...for the most part. :)

In front of the Via Rodeo sign!
Since Jon was recovering from his minor heart attack after seeing the prices on Rodeo, we decided to spend the next hour at the hotel resting and getting ready for our most unique dinner of the trip! For my birthday my godmother, Pam, had graciously sent me a gift card to use at a dinner of choice, so we decided to visit the most talked about one in LA: The Bazaar by Jose Andres!

This restaurant was everything I could have hoped for and more, and by far one of the best, most amazing restaurants I have ever been to in my life. The whole restaurant focuses on a contemporary vs. modern theme and everything on their tapas menu is to.die.for. We ordered about 6 items, which included us getting to meet the chef and our poor prawn he would be cooking...before it met its untimely end. The food was truly extraordinary, and Jose Andres is an exceptional visionary. Don't believe me? Just look at the way our "tortillas" were served:

Tortillas by The Bazaar!
After stuffing ourselves, we headed back to the W for a night in the "living room" (the surprisingly popular bar downstairs). Around midnight Jon told me he wanted to close our tab and he disappeared to the bar. When I heard the 6 girls beyond us begin their choir of "awww"s, I immediately turned around and saw Jon holding a glass of strawberries and champagne to mark our 9 month-iversary and beginning of our last full day in paradise. Yes, we are one of those annoying wonderful couples that believe in month-iversarys. I guess he is a keeper. :)

Strawberries and Champagne!
Still have a day and 1/2 of recaps left, so stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment