Friday, May 20, 2011

TGIF!!

While most children were watching Rugrats or Saved By the Bell, Katie and I would lounge in our living room watching PBS. It was not because our Harvard schooled father passed the genius gene on to us, but instead because we didn't have cable. We did have enough Disney movies to sink a battle ship, but I guess that is besides the point. Bill Nye the science guy anyone?

To this day, our family home is equipped with 7 wonderful channels. That's right, there are about as many Houswives franchises as we have channels.  I do appreciate all of the advantages of cable-less tv now, but back then I'm pretty sure I believed my life was ending. Or rather, I believed it was ending until Fridays came around, because Fridays meant TGIF. And TGIF meant my very brief glimpse of cable-like programming. For a few years I think my life aspirations changed from being a teacher to being Sabrina the ever so talented teenage which, all because of those 4-ish hours of television once a week.

Of course now TGIF means something entirely different to me. In fact I can think of atleast four things it means:  "Thank God It's (the work week) Finished", "The (wine) Glass Is gonna be Full!" "Tonight's Gonna be Insanely Fun" and of course, the usual: THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!!



I'm sure everyone loves it as much as I do. I mean, Friday means the weekend and who doesn't love the weekend?! 

This weekend will of course be another action-packed one but I am already counting down the hours until I will be basking in sun, wine glass in hand, with pool boys bringing trays of fruit, with my tan quickly appearing....



...Ok, no that's not going to happen, but a girl can dream right?
Anyways, happy Friday to everyone! I hope you find as much comfort in those four little letters as I do!

And last but certainly not least: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the cutest little boy around: Colton! I know there will be nothing terrible about your two's!


Colton at VT right before his 1st birthday last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment