Sunday, December 12, 2010

Daddy Where's the Rest of It?!!?

What a Christmas filled weekend!

It all started Friday when, as I was going to lunch, I stumbled upon a group of carolers in our lobby from the Southside Baptist Christian School. Let me tell you, they were A-Mazing! Listening to them, of course, reminded me of when I was in the 5th grade I decided to join my Nanny Marie's Baptist choir. At the time, I was positive I had the voice of Celine and the looks of Posh Spice. However, as Concetta will be more than happy to tell you, I have weighed about the same weight since 5th grade, growing about a foot and a half (if not more) since then. Needless to say, I was a closer resemblance to the Pillsbury Dough Boy than to Posh. I was no Celine either but, ever since my stint as a Baptist Choir super star, I have loved the choirs ever since.


The Choir in Our Lobby!
Saturday led to even more Christmas cheer! I convinced Shelby to brave the rain and join me at Nordstrom Cafe for dinner. Most Richmonders have heard of the Tacky Light Tour, and being new to the city, I knew these houses would be right up my alley! So I of course, dragged Shelby and her roommate Sara on an impromptu tour of some of the houses in the West End. A million Christmas Lights on one house? This city knows the way to my heart. I was in love (and blasting Christmas music the whole time)!


One of MY FAVORITE houses

To top it all off Julie and I decided to have a little date day today, once again heading to the West End to run some errands and grab Whole Foods for lunch. We started out at American Family Fitness, and then headed over to Kroger. Julie had deemed today a "baking day" and was going to make dinner AND dessert (yes, I know, I hit the roommate jackpot). As we were searching Kroger for Chinese 5 Spice and Pork Shoulder (yes, Pork Shoulder) I came across a little boy and his father at the seafood section. The little boy was inquiring about one of the items in the case and his father told him it was a lobster tail. Not more than 2 seconds later the little boy screamed "BUT DADDY! WHERES THE REST OF IT!??!!?" I could not help but burst out laughing and run to tell Julie. HOW CUTE.

Anyways after finding everything we needed we headed over to Whole Foods in search of Ginger and some delicious lunch. For those of you who have not been to the Whole Foods here, they have a wonderful wine section where you can taste/drink wine and eat your meal. Julie decided to go for a more traditional bbq lunch, while I had sushi and a cup of chicken noodle soup (I am weird..I know). We both enjoyed trying a number of wines during our romantic meal (haha), and even bought a bottle we loved!


Half Way Through Our Whole Foods Meal

After driving home in a torrential downpour, we began to prepare our dinner. I was in charge of the spices and dry ingredients, while Julie was in charge of the big stuff (she knows my cooking skills..). We immediately turned on the Christmas Pandora station and had a concert as we cooked. After four hours in a slow cooker we had a wonderful meal ready! Kara and Anna came to join us for dinner, which was of course amazing, followed by a chocolate wine cake Julie made....SO GOOD.

After we cleaned up and our guests left, Julie and I decided to make Rice Krispy houses. We once again turned up the Christmas music and got to work.


Our Houses!

Have I mentioned I love this time of year?? The next two weeks will bring so many good things, including my cousins from Atlanta who I love getting to see! Don't worry...it is all destined to bring some very interesting blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment