Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Very Bryson Christmas

This past weekend certainly gave meaning to the lyrics from one of my favorite Christmas songs:"When loved ones are near, It's the most wonderful time of the year"! 

I always look forward to seeing everyone for our annual Bryson Christmas, and having over fifteen family members running around the same house is quite the adventure. This year, Atlanta proved to be the perfect balance of crazy family time and relaxation, which certainly made it hard to leave.

I arrived around 5PM on Thursday night. Note to self: Never, ever, ever arrive to ATL airport at 5PM ever, ever again. Holy traffic. As I told my cousin Amy, my Papa could have given me a piggy back ride to the house faster than we drove there. Didn't all those city goers know I was in a hurry to see my family?! Not to mention eat a home cooked meal by Papa?! Jeepers. An hour and a half later we finally arrived to happy family members, delicious chicken and mashed potatoes, and room to stretch our legs!

Friday was full of errands and more family arrivals (and, of course, another delicious meal by Papa) before the big Bryson Christmas day on Saturday!

One of our errands: Colton's haircut!
Our "Christmas day" began with a little relaxing and quickly picked up the pace with the arrival of our final family members. From there the day went something like this: cook a delicious meal, eat a delicious meal, open presents, and participate in a few family friendly competitions.

Katie, Mom, Dad and Me
Daughters (/Mom and Aunts) with their Mom and Dad (/Nama and Papa!)

Grandkids and In-Laws!
Annual Poker Tournament
In addition to our traditional poker tournament, we decided to also have a cranium battle. Things got a little crazy, but Katie, Amy and I ultimatly prevailed. Looks like the granddaughters are quite a talented bunch ;)


The winning team (taken before we knew we were winners, haha)!
Mid-Cranium!
It all came and went far to fast, and Sunday morning we woke up to say our goodbyes. I was so sad to hug everyone goodbye (especially my little bff, Colton) , but I know it wont be too long before we see them all again.

Saying goodbye to Colton :(
So to any of my family reading this, love you all and thank you for another wonderful Bryson Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment