Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Holy Moly

No -  I have not fallen off the face of the earth, though I must admit this month has been crazy. I have been up, down, and all around the state of Virginia in the past month. Between Hampton, Fairfax, and Richmond I can barely keep the day straight, let alone compile a good recap of what has happened. The good news is that, while things may not be slowing down anytime soon, there are plenty of things to look forward to!

Two perfect examples of this are happening in the next three days:

Tomorrow I get to experience my first Washington Capitals game. I know, what do I love more than guys beating each other up for fun? Or taking over an hour to score 2-3 points by shooting something the size of a fist into a huge net? And who could forget the endless amounts of beer available (my favorite!)? Ok, I am sure it wont be that bad. Actually I am kind of looking forward to it - atleast I'll get to wear my new red outfit and watch the light show type scenery Kelley mentioned. Who knows, maybe there is a hockey fan somewhere inside me??

On Friday - after my quick 10 hour trip to DC- my family will be coming down to Richmond for the Monument Ave 10K. While we all slip on our slippers and gather on my front porch at 8AM, Saturday morning- my sister will be lacing up her tennis shoes to run with her boyfriend. I am more than happy to volunteer as the cheerleader to her far more athletic efforts. After all, I deserve a little relaxation...or atleast I am going to keep telling myself that.

By the way...how perfect is it that the race will happen directly infront of our house and their will be a band right next to our porch?! Quite frankly I cant wait. (And of course, good luck Boo Bop!)

Anyways, those are the two most exciting things happening during the near future weekend. While I have been taking a break from blogging, I have picked up a habit of reading everyone elses and came across a new favorite: www.younghouselove.com

          The blog is about a couple finding their way in Richmond one DIY project after another. They have transformed two homes into absolute masterpieces, not to mention they are instantly relateable. I absolutely cannot wait to try some of their tricks!

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! Seeing as it is almost April I have deceided I am going to SPRING into action (too nerdy?) and re-enter the blogosphere - so get ready!

1 comment: