Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Rabbit, Rabbit"

Every 1st of the month I wake up, sing along to my radio while getting ready or talk to someone on the phone, and then realize I forgot to say "Rabbit, Rabbit" right when I woke up. In 22 years I have never remembered - until this morning.

OK I admit, I am a little superstitious but I don't really think saying "rabbit, rabbit" changes anything. Well, at least I didn't until today.

When I visited Blacksburg for Reavis' birthday, Sarah and Will treated me to my first taste of Chipotle. I had heard all of the hype surrounding the chain but never had any desire to go there - mostly because Mexican food is not my first choice. That all changed when Sarah introduced me to the Burrito Bowl. Now, the word addiction would probably describe it best.

This afternoon I had to grab something quick during work so I (of course) decided on Chipotle. Whenever the weather is nice it seems the line has a way of quadrupling but when I got there it was miraculously short. I found myself standing behind a police officer, so we made some small talk as we waited for our chicken bowls to be built. He then checked out while I was asking for my side of Gauc. I was distracted, pulling the money out of my purse and getting ready to pay, when he turned to me and said "You're meal has been taken care of, I hope you have a wonderful day ma'am".

Standing in disbelief, I tried to convince him it was unnecessary but he insisted. I graciously thanked him while the man behind me and cashier chimed in on how lucky I was. It is amazing how such a small unexpected gesture can turn a day around.

So to my new favorite Policeman, thank you for making my day. Looks like March really is going to be a lucky month - after all, I did say "Rabbit, Rabbit" this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment