Monday, January 10, 2011

Smorgasbord of Interests

From a young age I have loved music. When I was two I would stand on my parents bed, grasping my dads hands, and wiggle around to "Twist & Shout" until my 8 o'clock bedtime. Now, twenty years later, I not only still enjoy (poorly) dancing to it, but I think that often times it a really good job of explaining things. 
 
There have been many times where I have been in the car, heard a song, and looked at my passenger to quickly inform them - "if my life was a movie, this song would play during _____ (insert a specific instance/ or series of instances in my life)."
 
Weird? Probably, but I love it.
 
A few examples? "Here Comes the Sun" would play as I remembered my travels in England (Summer '06) when Shelby and I studied abroad.  "Buy You a Drink" would be the montage of nights in the Spring of 2007, our second semester freshman year. "Time of Our Lives" (by Tyrone Wells) would play during our VT graduation. You get the picture.
 
On a completely different note, my Aunt got married this weekend so I would like to extend a big congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. The wedding was a simple, yet beautiful, ceremony for close family and friends, followed by a reception at Hondos. It was so refreshing to see such joy on their faces, and once again confirmed my love of weddings.
 
Along with my love of music and weddings, I also love to read quotes. I saw this one and believe it has a wonderful way of capturing everything that has been going on in the past couple of months, both good and bad. 
 
It is: "If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together...there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll be with you always." -Winne the Pooh (Yes, really.)
 
Basically, the take-away from this smorgasbord post: if my current career fails I am going to become a song-selector for movies, wedding planner, or quote guru (which is closely followed by the official presidential photographer...thank you Netflix documentaries). If you need any or all of the above, you now know who to call. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment