Thursday, January 20, 2011

Drop It Like It's Hot

First and foremost, a very special Happy Birthday to my Mom! Not only is she responsible for bringing this very loveable blogger into the world, but she has passed on a wide array of things to me such as her good looks and love of traveling. I hope that one day I turn out to be at least half the woman she is, both in her personal and professional life.

Now I would like to introduce you to my nerdy side.... I bet when you read this title you thought,  hoped, I would have something remotely cool to say but, in fact, it is exactly the opposite. When I was in college the final week leading up to a new semester was always my favorite because of one thing....ADD/DROP. I absolutely, positively loved Add/Drop to the point I did it for any and everyone who needed me to. Somehow, through persitance and sheer stubborness, I always got the classes I (and others) needed. (I warned you it was nerdy).

Anyways, last week I received an email from Mollie with "drop/add!!!!!" in the subject bar and I knew it was going to be a good day. She wanted two of the hardest classes to get: Personal Health and Wines and Vines, and knew I would be up for the challenge. Man was she right! By 1PM I had secured both classes and felt a great sense of accomplishment for my ever present add/drop skills. (Thanks Smolls!!!)

OK it is a little pathetic, but I am totally ok with that. Plus, I know there is atleast one person happy to read it (Dad, you there?).

While I am on the topic of college, I have a new obsession with the website www.etsy.com . For those who are unfamiliar with the site, it features all handmade creations where different artist can open their own "store", or site, with their products.

For Christmas my mom bought me four of my new favorite pieces of art, all based on bars in Blacksburg. To all you Hokies out there, you will LOVE these. Everyone I have purchased from on this website has been approachable, gracious and completely wonderful to work with, including this man. Here is the website:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BlacksburgArt?page=1
PKs, TOTS, Sharkeys, Boudreauxs

I received Sharkeys, TOTS, Boudreauxs and Cabo and could not be happier! Now when I am missing add/drop I can remember the incredible times I had in Blacksburg, with my much cooler friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment